Monday, April 29, 2013

PATTERNS! Pita-Ten

Ok, so last time I posted I said I'd have three new patterns from the first manga I ever read. While the first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon, It was a long long time after that, that I truly realized that those cartoons I loved were from Japan. About fifth grade I went to a book store on vacation with my family, they were having a close out sale and had very little left, but what they did have, was a Sailor Moon book, AND a wierd little backwards book with a purple haired boy on front. I begged my parents to let me have it even though it said Volume 3, just because it looked like all those cartoons I loved, and I'd never seen any book like it before. From then onwards...I loved Manga! That purple haired boy was Kotarou Higuchi from Koge Donbo's series Pita Ten. So in honor of that moment, I'll post him first!

These patterns are based off of the characters chibi appearances while wearing these cute little animal themed jacket things...it's hard to explain but I'll post my reference picture at the end.



Here's Misha-san



Misha-san is the Hyperactive angel who lives next door to Kotarou...I struggled with this pattern and actually remade it twice because I wasn't satisfied. I'm still not but I wanted to get the three of them posted today so Oh Well. I'll probably eventually make a different one of her that looks better.

Lastly here's Shia-san, the demon living with Misha



I found Shia rather easy to make, and I really like this one :)

Now here's some quick pics of Pita ten to show you it's beautiful art!



This was my ref pic. Next is a picture of that book I found that fateful day~



And Here's one of some more of the characters!



Lastly I thought I'd embed the anime's Opening theme. The song is called Wake Up Angel by Funta 7. I have the full version on my phone because of its absolute cuteness! I'm also going to post a cute tribute to all its couples to the song Love Story by Taylor Swift that I found.




No comments:

Post a Comment