Thursday, April 25, 2013

More progress and a drawing.

I'm feeling a little better today, and I think I've figured out a pattern to make for you when I'm done posting today. I'm going to make a simple pattern of Seto Kaiba from Yugi-Oh, since he was my first Anime crush and will require little thinking and reference on my part.

Anyway, Here's some more progress on Niijima. The picture's pretty poor quality, but I've started the green in his hair, completed the outline, and got his highlights finished.



And now I'm going to do something kind of special. My art teacher is leaving at the end of this year. His father suffered a brain injury and can't run his barely farm anymore, so Mr. Cody is going back home to run it for him. He's been a wonderful teacher and probably my absolute favorite of all time, despite only being my teacher for two years. To thank him, my highschool is passing around a sketch book for students to put drawings and messages in for him. This picture is what I drew for him.



It's a portrait of him, the sides got kind of cut off by my scanner so you can't really read it. It says "To my favorite teacher, Thank you for encouraging me to follow my dream and to improve my skills. This drawing wouldn't have been possible without you."

We're going to give him the sketchbook at graduation. That's all for today, I'm going to start Seto so that he'll be ready by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment