Friday, March 8, 2013

3/8/13 Angeal, Sora, and Riku



So I've finished Angeal. Let's take a minute to talk about it. He took a total of 3 and 1/2 hours to complete and was a total labor of love <3 <3 His face was the most difficult thing I've drawn yet and I welcomed the challenge. I love the subtle highlights on his cheekbones and nose, and the texture of his hair is lovely~ I also like the details on the Buster Sword a lot. I hope you enjoy them too. And now on to my next topic. Sora and Riku. I was bored last night and my sister was willing, so I drew two temporary tattoos on her arms. Kingdom Hearts II versions of Sora (her right arm) and Riku (her left). I chose each arm's character for a reason. Let's talk about Sora first

Sora is on the right arm because "Right" is viewed as "Righteous" and Sora is our pure hearted hero. He took a total of an hour to complete and is drawn using all gel pens except for his hair which was done with a pale brown copic marker. His legs are a bit off, but I think he turned out cute all the same. Now, on to Riku.



Allow me to start off by saying I LOVE RIKU. He's my second favorite character in this series after Axel *squee* (who doesn't love Axel~) Anyway. His character development from kind of arrogant and the typical Rival stereotype into the most devoted loyal friend, going so far as to practically lose his identity in the darkness for Sora's sake. So SWEET. I chose to place Riku on my sister's left arm as way back when, children born left handed were thought to be the spawn of Satan, and I thought that would corrolate well with his relationship to the darkness. His expression on her arm looks so awesome and I will say that when she flexes, his muscles get bigger <3 <3 <3 That's all I have to say for today. I'll post more of my griever cross stitch and other art next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment