Monday, January 19, 2015

Sewing and cosplay WIPs, and something I haven't done in FOREVER

Well, I've been not so diligently working on my Jack Spicer cross-stitch, and slowly but surely, he's taking shape. I have a little over a month until Torii con, so I don't really have a lot of time for fun (Oh the irony). He's looking like this, as I slowly stitch in the shading on his arm. Not a lot of progress since my last post, but some.

The thing that's eating most of my time is our cosplays. I have a massive amount of costume sewing to do, armor to make, and shoes to craft, however, Wigs are now done (or as done as I'm gonna fiddle with them.)

Ami's Tecna wig is the bright pink one pictured below, I'm wearing the unaltered version of my Musa wig.


Now my wig was a pain. I crafted the pigtails out of thin craft foam, cut the shapes out, covered them in layers of rubber cement, and wig fibers of the same color as my wig, and then hot glued them to the original but now much shorter pigtails of the wig. Inside of the wig, under the the net is a hairband with two wooden sticks on it, which are stuffed inside the pigtails to sort of make them stand up right, however one of them insists on tilting downward. All in all, though, it's kind of impressive!

The last thing I'm going to post about tonight, is a Jack Spicer tribute video I made! I used to make little videos like this all the time when I was in middle school, but I sort of fell out of it. A while back when I was working on my pattern of Jack, I was searching youtube for some inspiration, when I looked up "Jack Spicer I'm Still Here" because I thought the song from Treasure Planet would suit him just right, and that someone had to have made it already, however there wasn't one. So I made one! It was a lot of fun doing all the editing and searching for clips and audio bites! I really enjoy the finished product, and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment