Saturday, December 28, 2013

Some cosplay updates and a plush

So I haven't gotten any real cross stitching done, but I had an amazing Christmas! I got Shiro Amano's "The Art of Kingdom Hearts" which as an artist, I love to pieces!! I really enjoy looking at art books and the like.
As a present, I made this plush for my grandma, which she loved! It's a Kokopeli, they're a Navajo Indian spirit that plays the flute. My family goes down to New Mexico every year (did I mention that before...I kind think so) and that culture is pretty predominant there, it's really fascinating, if you have the time, you guys should visit! Anyway, it's made out of felt and it's super cute!

And while we're on the topic of plush, as a Christmas present for my boyfriend, David, I made him a paopu plush and sent it to where he lives (he lives in another state so I couldn't just give it to him). The day he got it, he posted this picture with the caption "My gf made me a Paopu fruit plushie and she has one. So now we both have one and no matter how far apart we are we are always connected." Isn't he a charmer!~

Now onto Cosplay talk!! I got my black vest for Riku done, and the majority of his white vest, it just needs trim, a collar, and another zipper. The dual separating zipper on the black vest was a real pain, I accidentally pulled both the zipper pulls off and had to fight with it and a pair of pliers to get it to work right again, all in all it's really rewarding to have it this far along!

I know this post isn't really all that entertaining, but I hope to finish up some patterns and start stitching again soon! In the meantime, I have to get ready for work.....uggghhh long shifts :(

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment