Saturday, September 14, 2013

Update and Pattern WIP

So I again haven't had time to record vlogs, I need to sit down and just record one to show all my progress! But I'll let you know how things are going. I had to take on another project cosplay wise, for my friend Logan. Last year he cosplayed Gin from Bleach: and this year he's being Tensa Zangetsu to round out Ami and I's trio of Ichigos XD.

He had originally stated a friend of his was going to help him make his costume, but eventually, he brought it to my mom and I, and it was...simply put...HORRID! The black sleeves that were supposed to be lined with white, had been made so that the outside appeared as half black and half white, not to mention everything had been sewn with a zigzag stitch and the fabric was fraying terribly, as it had been cut with random paper scissors instead of fabric scissors or pinking shears! My mom and I are completely redoing it, and are almost done. We just need to attach the sleeves, put a white lining in the front, and make a hood. I even ordered him his wig and styled it for him, it looks fantastic~!

As for the other costumes, I'm not sure if I stated this before or not, but Hichi is completely done aside from sword and sheath, Chernobog's still not had any recent progress, but my mother's Integra costume is complete as well~!

Now onto the part I'm sure is the real reason you're reading this post. My progress so far on Matt and Gabumon, though I should just say Gabumon seeing as how he's the only one I've done any work on...


Now that I've updated you, I'm going to try to at least get Gabumon done tonight, so that I can actually work on Matt! Good night!

3 comments:

  1. The ears on that costume are so fluffy looking! Did you guys make those? The pattern is looking fantastic, too- so accurate it could be a still from the show so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Alicia here commenting for my sis)No, actually, he bought those. They are animatronic mood sensing cat ears! They sense your mood through the heat of the forehead and move accordingly. Every time he thought about food they twitched :)

      Delete
    2. Wow, cool! I didn't know that they made anything like that! (I'm sorry this is so late- I forgot to hit the "notify me of new replies" button!) I guess that I knew about mood sensing items, but I didn't know they could be that effective.

      Delete